Saturday, October 29, 2011

Top 70.3

My first triathlon season has officially ended, but I know another one is just around the corner.  The pinnacle of the season has certainly been training for and completing my first half Ironman.  Here is my top 70.3!!!!!!!!!


.3.  70.4 miles would have been too much
70. Carbs
69. The feeling of excitement when I filled out the registration form and hit send.
68. Unique tan lines
67. Recovery chocolate shakes
66. Recovery weeks
65. My coach
64. Racing with pros.
63. Race wheels
62. Discovering the Bobcat Kuntry store in Celina.
61. Recovery days
60. Compression socks.
59. Honey Stinger waffles.
58. My Austin roommates: Jeneen, Rebecca, and William
57. My students think I’m cool.
56. The sound of bike shoes clicking into the pedals. 
55. Improving my swim
54. Not worrying that I’m eating too much salt
53. Salt stains  
52. Spandex never needs to be ironed
51. Glide...oh thank God for Glide
50. The feeling of new running shoes.
49. Windhaven Hill no longer kicks my butt 
48. I don’t need Ambien anymore  
47. It was a good excuse to buy a new bike  
46. Riding in aero
45. Free swim cap
44. My grandfathers would have been proud
43. The smell of chlorine in the morning
42. Discovering I still I haven't found my limits  
41. Other triathletes 
40. Sunday long runs
39. Calling a bunch of sugar my “nutrition”
38.  Burning thousands of calories in a single workout
37. Tapering
36. Out-pedaling dogs
35. Compression boots at the chiropractor’s office
34. Pre-race breakfast
33. Sponges on the race course
32. Drag queens on the race course
31. Four hour training rides in Celina
30. Running over grasshoppers
29. Wetsuit strippers
28. Watching Michael Raelert run out of the swim
27. Post swim practice oatmeal
26. Long run in Eunice
25. Writing a blog
24. I get to wear 70.3 shirts
23. Getting Roxy an Ironman leash…she earned it
22. Finishing the 1.2 mile swim
21. Volunteers on the race course
20. Seeing my mom and dad on the race course.  
19. Pre-race workout at the race site with my friend Roger
18. Discovering that half the triathletes in Dallas were in Austin for the race
17. Orange slices on the run course
16. Water stations on the bike course
15. Down hills on the bike course
14. Seeing Penney in T1
13. Body marking
12. Training with Jeneen
11. Spray tents on the run course
10. Hearing someone else’s story during the race
9.   Running by the NTM tent
8.   Racing with so many of my friends
7.   Finishing the 56 mile bike course faster than expected
6.   Not caring when the wind kicked up on the bike
5.   Seeing the mile 12 marker on the run
4.   Rounding the corner and seeing the finish line
3.  Hearing the announcer call my name
2.  Crossing the finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.  Having my friends and family there with me in Austin

Man, this was fun!!!

"I'd rather have more heart than more talent any day." Allen Iverson

1 comment:

  1. Checking out your blog------LOVE Honey stinger waffles!!! They're the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete